Sunday, December 6, 2009

Roots and Beginnings

So I've finally decided to take up blogging, thanks to my dear friend Kelsey's suggestions. Lovely isn't it? I'm not quite sure how to blog, but I assume you just treat it as a diary entry, I suppose. Anyhoo, I just saw the new film/musical "Nine" today - yes, I saw it at an early screening - and thought it was rather good. The actress, Marion Cotillard, I believe that's how you spell her name, bears a strong resemblance to Audrey Hepburn, and it scared me throughout the film. Also, I think Nicole Kidman is a lot prettier with longer hair - just saying. And who knew Fergie could belt the song 'Be Italian'? I was surprised. The music was great - although it didn't have Nino Rota's original score - but the songs were fun and the musical numbers were show-stopping (but hey, this is from the director of Chicago - Rob Marshall - so what do you expect?). In addition to Nine, I saw another great film 'All That Jazz' directed by Bob Fosse. 'All That Jazz' is basically the idea of 'Nine', but now about Bob Fosse's life instead of Fellini's. It was very 'Clockwork Orange'-esque, but I greatly enjoyed it. Anne Reinking - I believe that's how you spell her name - always seems to make me laugh, since I'm always picturing her as that woman from 'Annie'. Oh, and after I saw those two things today - I painfully neglected homework to goof off, which included writing and watching TV - I watched two Buster Keaton shorts which were hysterical; one was 'The Playhouse', I believe, and the other one was 'Cops'. Both were excellent, and his use of physical comedy is outstanding. Well, I guess that was my entire day - well, in the morning I did four hours of SAT prep, but that doesn't count - and I think it was well spent. I'm a bit restless, but drop dead tired - I guess that's a paradox unto itself. I guess I should go to bed, but I'll try to make the promise that I'll update this blog... thing... at least every week, or so. But I'll see how that works out

No comments:

Post a Comment